We at DigiNatal Publishing know that protecting our Author’s privacy is very important. We take this duty very seriously, even before we sign a publishing agreement with someone.
1. DigiNatal Publishing and Synerlux Corporation are responsible for protecting the privacy of our Authors and web site visitors. We protect any and all personal information of our Authors and web site visitors that comes under our control. Personal information includes any details about an identifiable individual or their communications with us. Employees of DigiNatal Publishing and Synerlux Corporation are kept informed of the importance of the privacy of our Authors and web site visitors, and are contractually bound to protect the security and confidentiality of their personal information.
2. DigiNatal Publishing and Synerlux Corporation maintain personal information from its Authors and web site visitors in electronic files and databases. We take technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information at all times. We collect and store personal information from our web site visitors for specific, limited purposes, using fair and lawful means, when and if this information is purposefully provided to us by them. It is stored securely and is kept offline to the greatest extent possible. The personal information of our web site visitors will not be shared with or sold or disclosed to any other person, agency or company, except as specifically outlined in the extraordinary circumstances detailed in paragraphs 10 and 11.
3. If you are under 18 years of age, be sure to obtain the permission of your parent or guardian before you send any personal information to us or to anyone else over the Internet. We encourage parents and guardians to get involved with their children’s or ward’s online activities, and to be aware of any activities in which they are participating.
4. The personal information DigiNatal Publishing and Synerlux Corporation collects may include; personal contact information such as the name, address, email address and telephone numbers of Authors and web site visitors if these are purposefully provided to us by them; and the organizational affiliations and titles of our Authors and web site visitors, if these are purposefully provided to us by them. We may also keep and maintain records of the details of any messages exchanged between our Authors and web site visitors and us. The non-personal information that we do collect is limited to the logs generated automatically on our (rented space on) web servers, as the data requests of our web site visitors are served.
5. We do not collect or analyze any information, such as Internet Cookies, Internet History or Temporary Internet Files that reside on our web site visitor’s computers. In any and every event, we do not collect or analyze any of the Internet cookies stored on your computer. Be advised that we may place advertising or other links on our web site that will direct you to outside web sites. If you view these web sites, they may assign an Internet Cookie for storage on your computer. Neither DigiNatal Publishing nor Synerlux Corporation control these Cookies, nor do we use them in any way.
6. The personal information we collect from our Authors and web site visitors is used solely for the purposes of fulfilling their specific requests and responding to their inquiries. If you submit any information to us, we will use your information only for the purposes of evaluating the prospects of working together with you as your electronic publisher. We may also collect and analyze information of a generic nature from our web site visitors, in order to help us better design, prepare and provide improved products, services, online publications and marketing materials of all kinds.
7. As per strict policy, we do not send bulk unsolicited e-mail (i.e. “spam”). From time to time, we may send a personal email message to someone whom we think may be interested in our products, services, or in our web site(s), but of whom we have no indication that they have previously visited us online. Web site visitors that have purposefully identified themselves to us will (or will not) receive our email messages, in accordance with their specific instructions. We may use the personal contact information of our web site visitors to send them information concerning special offers or notices. Occasionally, we may contact our web site visitors to inform them of any changes, enhancements or other notices related to our goods, services or to the electronic publications hosted on our web site. If you do not wish to receive this information in the future, you may opt-out at any time, as explained in paragraph 10, and at the bottom of our email messages.
8. If you receive an email message from us that you did not want to receive, please send it back to us with the words “NO DIGINTAL EMAIL” displayed in the subject line or at the top of the body text. (Any similar message in the subject line would suffice.) We will promptly remove your email address from all of our mailing lists, and will not contact you again via email. Please accept our sincere apologies if our email message(s) bother(s) you, as serving you was our only intention. If you lodge any complaint, we will collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, solely for the purpose of investigating your complaint and resolving your problem.
9. We may ask our web site visitors to participate in an online survey questionnaire. Survey results are aggregated and are never used to identify individual respondents to anyone outside of DigiNatal Publishing or Synerlux Corporation. In cases where survey respondents are asked to identify their organizational affiliation, the information gathered will be aggregated so as not to identify individual respondents or their organizations. Survey results received from the employees of an organization may be shared with the executive management of that organization in aggregate form only, so as not to personally identify individual respondents.
10. DigiNatal Publishing and/or Synerlux Corporation may disclose information that is gathered from our web site visitors, if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities and for other legal reasons. We reserve the right to use and disclose your personal information without consent where required by law. If we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law, we may disclose your personal information for these purposes. Also, in order to protect or defend our legal interests, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, your personal information may be disclosed for these purposes.
12. Please be aware that email is not a secure medium, and any personal information that you send to us by email could be intercepted. Please consider this in light of the standard info we request; and the sensitivity of your manuscript/sample. If your communication is very sensitive, you should not send it electronically unless the email is encrypted and you have made prior arrangements for its transmission (ask for more details), or your Internet Browser indicates that the access to our web site is secure. Materials posted to online forums such as bulletin boards, blogs, comment boards or chat rooms are public, not secure, and may be viewed by anyone. Any personal information you post may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited email messages from other Internet users if you provide your email address in your posting.
13. We will give our web site visitors access to the information we retain about them within a reasonable time, upon written request, satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement. In some cases, we may not provide access to personal information in our possession or control. If we deny your request, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may challenge our decision.
All information obtained from our Paying Clients and our Signed Authors is protected by additional covenants of confidentiality and non-disclosure, as set out in specific written agreements they have signed with us.
Please let us know if you have any questions. To speak with someone over the phone, dial (00+ 1+) 416-428-1716.
It would be our pleasure to receive your call!